PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FOR EACH SUBMISSION:
1) A downloadable file of your Film
2) Screenshot (no writing) from your film/ Minimum 6x4" @ 300 dpi
3) Synopsis of your Film
4) Valid email and phone number for us to use to contact you.
YOU MUST CONTACT DIFF DIRECTLY IF THIS CHANGES! PLEASE, BE AWARE ALL CONTACT IS DONE WITH THE EMAIL SUBMITTED.
Films submitted must be available for EXHIBITION as:
Please be sure you have turned the DOWNLOAD option on in FilmFreeway, or it's available on your Vimeo or Youtube Links.
ENTRIES RECEIVED LATE OR INCOMPLETE MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
We will email you directly upon receiving and processing your submission if you have not been emailed your submission was not received.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits required to present their work. The DJARFOGO International Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the task. Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival; however, DIFF is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
Films submitted must be available in Portuguese or English original language with Portuguese and English subtitles. Accepted movies must be available in the designated exhibition format.
The scheduling of films is determined by the Festival. The DJARFOGO International Film Festival (DIFF) permits up to three screenings of invited films at the DIFF, including both public and private screenings. The Festival assumes your consent to up to three screenings unless we receive a written petition otherwise. The date(s), time(s), and location(s) of exhibitions of the films shall be at the sole discretion of the Festival.
The Festival expects that the filmmaker and any other guests attending with the Film will be present for, at minimum, the first public screenings of the Film for both the introduction and question-and-answer session.
(1) By submitting a film to DIFF for Festival consideration, the submitter (the "Applicant") represents that he, she, or they have obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers, and other authorized representatives of the Film whose consent is required to submit the Film to DIFF (the "Film Owners") and screen the Film at the Festival, and has read, understood and agreed to the Terms.
(2) DIFF may disqualify or reject, but is not required to do so, any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with these Terms, and may do so without refunding any or all submission fees paid by the Applicant or returning the Applicant's submission.
The exhibition copy supplier will be responsible for the cost of the shipment to the DIFF. The DJARFOGO International Film Festival will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or the next destination, as indicated by the supplier (Features only). Entry materials and short films will not be returned.
The DJARFOGO International Film Festival takes the utmost care in the handling of your entry. The DIFF does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
SUBMISSION CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY
(I) Films submitted to DIFF for Festival consideration under these Terms must be submitted in one of the categories set out below.
(II) Films that do not meet the eligibility requirements for any of the below categories should not be submitted and will not be considered by DIFF.
(III) For the below categories, "Cape Verdean" films are films that were directed by a Cape Verdean citizen or permanent resident of Cape Verde and list Cape Verde as one of the countries of production. All other films are considered "international" films.
(IV) Submission categories:
*Cape Verdean feature films with run times of 50 minutes or longer.
*Cape Verdean Documentary Features films with run times of 50 minutes or longer.
*Cape Verdean Shorts films with run times of 40 minutes or less.
*International Features international feature films with run times of 50 minutes or longer.
*International Documentary Features documentary feature films with run times of 50 minutes or longer.
*International Shorts films with run times of 40 minutes or less.
(V) DIFF will accept submissions that have already premiered in Cape Verde (except for Fogo), but the Film's premiere status will be taken into consideration when final programming decisions are made.
(VI) A film will not be eligible for consideration and should not be submitted if:
a) The Film was completed before December 31, 2018;
b) The DIFF accepts a rough cut (RC) submitted to DIFF for festival consideration only (note that you must submit a "final cut" of your film to DIFF, provided that the Film still meets our eligibility requirements. We define a "final cut" as a Film that has undergone substantial changes, including, but not limited to: editing, reshoots, or new run time.
Please submit a brief statement with your submission regarding the final cut);
(c) the Film and new run time:
(d) had theatrical releases, or
(e) has aired on television, or
(f) has been available on a public streaming platform; or
(g) the Film has been publicly posted or exhibited online in any part of the world
DIFF reserves the right to rule, in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.
(VII) All Feature and Short Films must be submitted as online screeners via FilmFreeway (as described below). All selected films must be available to screen in QT/H264 or DVD format by October 28, 2021.
(VIII) PROCESS FOR SUBMISSION
1. All Films submitted under these Terms must be submitted by the procedure outlined herein. DIFF may, but is not required to, disqualify or reject any Film that is not submitted in this way.
2. To submit a Film for Festival consideration, an Applicant must: (a) complete the registration process at FilmFreeway or www.djarfogofilm.org
3. Provide to DIFF an online screener via FilmFreeway (for Feature Films and Short Films) for review by DIFF programming staff. DIFF does not accept submissions in other formats, including DVDs discs, external online links, downloadable files, or trailers.
4. Applicants should test their online screeners thoroughly before submitting them, and ensure their online screener remains active on FilmFreeway until October 20, 2021. The Applicant has sole responsibility for ensuring that the submitted online screener plays in its entirety. The screener must contain Portuguese subtitles if the original language is not Portuguese.
5. DIFF will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted. If multiple versions are submitted, DIFF will view only the version that was received first.
6. Screeners will not be returned.
7. Notifications will be emailed. All correspondence will be done through email, only through the original submitter. Please ensure that you have provided us with your correct/valid email and a valid phone number.